Why use LED Lighting?
LED lighting brings several advantages to lighting applications including energy savings, robustness, reduced maintenance and an overall reduction in the cost of ownership when compared with more traditional incandescent and halogen bulbs.
LEDs use less power and produce more light for the power. 100 lumen/Watt and better is a reality. Long-lasting: LED’s can have 30 times longer lifespan than incandescent and 3-5 times longer lifespan than sodium bulbs.
No sudden failure: Lumen output tends to depreciate over time rather than failing catastrophically so you have plenty of time to organise your replacements. Low temperature operation: Performance is improved rather than impaired at lower temperatures
- Rugged: No filament to break. LED lights can be used in vehicles and mobile applications/environments that are subject to vibration
- Compact size for design and installation flexibility
- Controllable light footprint: Lighting is non flickering, covers desired areas with no wastage and reduces need for reflectors and diffusers.
- Instant turn-on & off No more waiting for your energy saving lights to warm up before you enter a room or walk down the stairs and your lights switch off rapidly too; making them a great solution for security lighting
- Infinitely controllable and dimmable output for accurate, appropriate lighting effects, energy savings and compensation for lumen depreciation.
- No UV output: Suitable for art galleries and museums, without UV damage to exhibits
- Low infra red output, so low radiated heat
- The lack of UV and IR radiation renders LEDs unattractive to nocturnally active insects
- Acoustically silent operation; Unobtrusive presence in intimate settings
- Low voltage operation for safe installations
- No mercury or other toxic contents
- Retrofit LED units are available so you need not replace existing light fixtures.
- The long lifetime of LED lights reduces your impact on the environment in the form of recurring.